187 calories Total Time:15 minutes
- 12 oz top round beef trimmed
- 4 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons soy sauce liquid aminos for paleo or whole30*
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot for paleo or whole30
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Slice beef into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1′′ long so you have small thin slices.
- Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp cornstarch and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat the wok on high heat. Swirl in 2 teaspoons of the oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok.
- Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 5,Points +: 4,Calories: 187 calories,Total Fat: 6g,Saturated Fat: g,Cholesterol: 54mg,Sodium: 668mg, Carbohydrates: 12g,Fiber: 2g,Sugar: 3g,Protein: 22g