Baked Chicken Parmesan
251 calories Total Time:40 minutes Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:30 minutes
- 4 about 8 oz each chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese I used Polly-o
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly brush the butteronto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 8 Servings, Serving Size: 1 piece Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 4,Points +: 6,Calories: 251 calories,Total Fat: 9.5g,Saturated Fat: g,Cholesterol: 14mg,Sodium: mg, Carbohydrates: 14g,Fiber: 1.5g,Sugar: 0g,Protein: 31.5g