Italian Chicken Meatballs
From Eating Well Magazine Active: 20 minutes Total: 40 minutes
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 3 ½ oz spicy Italian chicken sausage link casing removed
- 12 oz ground chicken breast
Position a rack in the oven 8 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler to high. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a medium bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir egg, cheese, parsley, garlic and pepper into breadcrumb mixture. Break sausage into small pieces. Add the sausage and chicken to the breadcrumb mixture, mixing until just combined.
Form the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each. Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meatball reads 165 F, 9-10 minutes.
Serves 4: 6 meatballs each