Singapore Zoodle Stir Fry With Chicken
Prep Time Cook Time 8 mins 10 mins Servings: 4 Calories: 318 cal
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine Shaoxing 2 cloves garlic , minced 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger , grated 1 teaspoon white sugar or a natural granulated sweetener
- 9 oz peeled large shrimp prawns, tails on or off, 9 oz boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets, sliced into strips, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 eggs, lightly whisked with a pinch of salt, 2 level teaspoons curry powder (or madras curry paste) adjust to your tastes*, 1 small onion, thinly sliced, 1 medium sized red bell pepper (capsicum), halved, deseeded, thinly sliced, 3.5 oz sugar snap peas (snow peas), stemmed, strings removed, 2oz bean sprouts (shoots), 3 large zucchini , spiralized into spaghetti/angel hair thickness,
- 2 green shallots ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally, sesame seeds
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel. Pour 2 tablespoons sauce over shrimp;mix through to evenly coat. Set aside
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon of sauce to chicken strips. Stir through to evenly coat. Set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, turn Zucchini into noodles using the Inspirilizer or any spirilizer. Set aside.
- 4. Prepare all vegetables and have everything ready before cooking.
- 5. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the whisked eggs, swirling pan to create an omelette.When omelette has set; break up into small pieces using a spatula or wooden spoon. Remove from pan and set aside. Use paper towel to wipe the wok clean.
- 6. Add the chicken strips; stir fry for 34 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate. Add another teaspoon of oil to wok/skillet; stir fry the shrimp for about 23 minutes, or until just turned pink and opaque in color. (Do not over cook them. They should have a Ushape to them if properly cooked). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 7. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the curry powder and stirfry for 30 seconds oruntil fragrant. Add the vegetables and stirfry for 23 minutes or until the onion and snow peas begins to soften. Add the zoodles and the remaining sauce. Strir fry for about 2 minutes until the zoodles are just beginning to soften (they will release a lot of water if over cooked). Add the reserved egg, chicken and shrimp; mix all ingredients through together. Season with salt (if needed), and garnish with the green onion slices and sesame seeds to serve.
*The amount of curry powder is a personal thing. Start with 2 teaspoons; taste test and work your way up from there. Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving Calories 318 Calories from Fat 137 % Daily Value* Total Fat 15.2g 23%Cholesterol 2.4mg 1%Total Carbohydrates 7.6g 3%Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6% Sugars 5.2g Protein 28.7g 57% *