Pork Chops with Roasted Broccoli
Time: 30 minutes
- ½ lbs broccoli with stems trimmed and cut into spears
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs pref whole wheat
- 1.2 c grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. whole wheat flour
- 3 egg whites lightly beaten
- 4 – 4 oz boneless pork chops trimmed
- ¼ tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tbs red-wine vinegar
- Chopped fresh thyme for garnish
- Position rack in upper third of oven, preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil
- Spray broccoli and garlic with olive oil and spread in an even layer. Broil, stirring once, until charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish and egg in a third shallow dish. Sprinkle pork with ¼ tsp salt, then dredge in the flour, shaking off excess; dip the egg, letting excess drip off; and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, turning once, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 145 F, about 6 minutes total. (If the pork is browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium). Transfer to a plate and drizzle with lemon juice. Tent with foil.
- Drizzle vinegar and remaining ½ tsp salt over the reserved broccoli and toss to coat. Serve the pork and broccoli with more parmesan and thyme if desired.
*For a lower carb option, simply cook pork chop on skillet without breading mixture. Serves 4. Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 395 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19 g 29 % Saturated Fat 6 g 30 % Monounsaturated Fat 7 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 32 mg 11 % Sodium 782 mg 33 % Potassium 674 mg 19 % Total Carbohydrate 32 g 11 % Dietary Fiber 6 g 24 % Sugars 5 g Protein 28 g 55 % Vitamin A 25 % Vitamin C 272 % Calcium 42 % Iron 13 %