Korean Steak, Kimchi & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbs toasted sesame oil divided
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 scallions sliced lengthwise, greens and whites separated
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lb sirloin steak thinly sliced
- ¼ cup gochujang similar to sriracha
- 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup kimchi
- Sliced radishes for garnish
- Bring medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Set a bowl of ice water near the stove. Using a spoon, gently lover the eggs into the boiling water. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 7 minutes*. Transfer the eggs to the ice bath and let cool for 5 minutes. Peel the eggs and slice in half
- *Let simmer 3 minutes longer if you prefer hard-set egg yolk
- Meanwhile, heat t tbs oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, scallion whites, ginger and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, unti the cauliflower is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wash and dry the pan.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gochujang and sesame seeds.
- To assemble, divide the cauliflower among 4 bowls. Top with steak, carrots, kimchi, half an egg, scallion greens and radishes, if desired.
Serves 4: About 2 cups each Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 425 % Daily Value * Total Fat 25 g 38 % Saturated Fat 9 g 45 % Monounsaturated Fat 7 g Polyunsaturated Fat 7 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 165 mg 55 % Sodium 477 mg 20 % Potassium 652 mg 19 % Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5 % Dietary Fiber 6 g 25 % Sugars 10 g Protein 32 g 63 % Vitamin A 115 % Vitamin C 126 % Calcium 10 % Iron 13 %