Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan
248 calories Total Time:18 minutes Prep Time:15 minutes Cook Time:3 minutes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin chicken cutlets 12 ounces total
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese grated
- Chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Using the sauté function (on low, if possible), heat the oil in the pressure cooker pot.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until just turning golden, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Increase the sauté heat to medium.
- Season the chicken with the salt, oregano, and pepper to taste.
- Nestle the cutlets into the sauce, overlapping as little as possible, then spoon the sauce over to cover the chicken.
- Lock the lid into place and cook on low pressure for 3 minutes. Manually release the pressure.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan evenly over the chicken.
- Cover the pot with the lid (but don’t lock it on) and let it sit for 4 to 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve as is or, for deeper flavors and a little bit of crispiness, broil the cheese until golden and bubbling.
- Heat the broiler with a rack 4 inches from the heat source.
- Scoop the chicken and sauce into a greased small rimmed baking sheet, trying to keep the cheese on top.
- Broil until the cheese has browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 cutlet Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 4,Points +: 6,Calories: 248 calories,Total Fat: 11g,Saturated Fat: 4.5g,Cholesterol: 87.5mg,Sodium: 621mg, Carbohydrates: 7.5g,Fiber: 2g,Sugar: 3.5g,Protein: 29g