Greek Chicken Power Bowls
Serves 4 Prep time: 10 minutes to 15 minutes ; cooking time: 20 minutes
For the sauce:
- 2 ounces reduced fat feta cheese drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- For the bowls:
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 medium lemons, divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa rinsed well
- 2 cups water
- 2 Persian cucumbers or 1/2 English cucumber sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
Make the sauce:
- Crumble the feta into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse several times to break it into very small pieces. With the machine running continuously, gradually pour in the water and oil and process for 30 seconds. Stop the processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Process again until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
Make the bowls:
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place the onion and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a small bowl and toss to combine; set aside.
- Place the garlic, oregano, marjoram, pepper, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the remaining 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 18 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa.
- Place the quinoa, water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Fluff the quinoa, cover again, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the quinoa between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with a chicken. Divide the red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives between the bowls. Drizzle with the sauce and serve.
- Make ahead and storage: The sauce, chicken, and quinoa can be made ahead and refrigerated in separate containers and stored for up to 5 days.
Macros: Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Amount Per Serving calories 495 Total Fat 17 g 25 % Saturated Fat 3 g 15 % Monounsaturated Fat 3 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 113 mg 38 % Sodium 1157 mg 48 % Potassium 695 mg 20 % Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13 % Dietary Fiber 6 g 24 % Sugars 2 g Protein 48 g 97 % Vitamin A 8 % Vitamin C 29 % Calcium 10 % Iron 31 %