Easy Southwestern Chicken Casserole
- 1/2 small onion chopped 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, 1 (15ounces) can black beans, drained and rinsed, 1 (10ounces) can diced tomato and green chili blend, drained 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk 2 eggs, beaten 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend 1 teaspoon cumin 1/2 tablespoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes:
- Chopped fresh cilantro Diced avocado Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish, and bake for about 25 minutes or until center is firm.
- Let cool 5–10 minutes, and serve with desired garnishes.
Nutrition Information Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups Per serving: Calories: 426; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 173mg; Sodium: 548mg; Carbohydrate: 37g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 40g Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 393mg; Iron: 21%; Vitamin A: 20%; Vitamin C: 1%; Calcium: 39%