Sheetpan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner
429 calories Cook Time: 30 minutes Assemble this super easy chicken and vegetable dinner on a sheet pan (or two) and pop it into your oven for a delicious, fuss-free meal. For easy clean-up, line your sheet pan with foil or parchment.
FOR THE SEASONING:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar omit for Paleo and Whole 30
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
FOR THE SHEETPAN:
- cooking spray
- 8 4 oz each boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounces zucchini diced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray 2 large nonstick sheetpans with oil or use parchment or foil for easy
- cleanup. Arrange the center rack and lower third.
- Combine the Italian seasoning ingredients in a large bowl. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then add the
- chicken, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and red onion to the bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate 30 minutes or as
- long as overnight.
- Arrange everything onto the prepared baking sheets spread out into a single layer. The vegetables and chicken
- should not touch. Bake about 20 minutes, turn chicken and vegetables and bake an additional 10 minutes, until
- roasted and tender. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Let the cooked dish cool completely.
- Portion it into freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed through 20 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 2 thighs + veggies Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 8, Points +: 8, Calories: 429 calories, Total Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 214mg, Sodium: 672.5mg, Carbohydrates: 15.5g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4.5g, Protein: 46.5g