Chicken and Avocado Soup
Total Time:25 minutes Prep Time:5 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Avocados, chicken, scallions and cilantro in a light broth with a touch of lime. If you are an avocado lover like me, you’ll love this soup.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups scallions chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast 12 oz
- 8 ounces from 2 small ripe hass avocados, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- pinch chipotle chile powder optional
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the oil, 1 cup of scallions and garlic. Sauté about 2 to 3 minutes until soft then add the tomatoes and sauté another minute, until soft.
- Add chicken stock, cumin and chile powder and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered on low for about 15 minutes.
- In four bowls, fill each with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 avocado, remainder of the scallions, and cilantro.
- Ladle 1 cup chicken broth over the chicken and serve with a lime wedge.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 4,Points +: 7,Calories: 297 calories,Total Fat: 14g,Saturated Fat: 2.5g,Cholesterol: 72.5mg, Sodium: 789.5mg,Carbohydrates: 14.5g,Fiber: 7.5g,Sugar: 2.5g,Protein: 31g