Crockpot Kid-Friendly Turkey Chili
226 calories Total Time: 4-6 hours This one’s just for the kiddos (or picky family members)! A mild, kid-friendly chili is made with ground turkey, corn, bell pepper, tomatoes and spices. Top it with your favorite toppings, and serve it with some chips on the side for the perfect, back to school lunch.
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 red bell pepper diced fine
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 8 oz small can plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- diced avocado
- reduced fat sour cream
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- baked tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon
- until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker.
- Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika
- and salt, mix until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 5 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 0, Points +: 6, Calories: 226 calories, Total Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: g, Cholesterol: 59mg, Sodium: 688mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 31g