Skinny Orange Chicken
This homemade orange chicken recipe comes together in just 20 minutes, and is a crazy delicious! (And healthier than the restaurant version!) TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS PREP TIME: 10 MINS COOK TIME: 10 MINS
ORANGE CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- orange chicken sauce ingredients below
- toppings: thinly-sliced green onions toasted sesame seeds, orange zest
ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- zest of one orange
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
(OPTIONAL: QUINOA INGREDIENTS)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
TO MAKE THE ORANGE CHICKEN:
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
- Pour in the orange chicken sauce, and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil, then boil for an additional minute or two until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over quinoa or rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and additional orange zest.
TO MAKE THE ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. If you would like the sauce to be even sweeter, add an extra 2-4 tablespoons of honey.