Italian Chicken Meatballs
From Eating Well Magazine Active: 20 minutes Total: 40 minutes
- ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 3 ½ oz spicy Italian chicken sausage link casing removed
- 12 oz ground chicken breast
- Position a rack in the oven 8 inches from the heat source; preheat broiler to high. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a medium bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir egg, cheese, parsley, garlic and pepper into breadcrumb mixture. Break sausage into small pieces. Add the sausage and chicken to the breadcrumb mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Form the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each. Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meatball reads 165 F, 9-10 minutes.
Serves 4: 6 meatballs each